Saturday, October 15, 2022

100 Side Hustles

 A few years ago, more years than I would like to admit, I had begun filming video lectures to help my students, and anyone else who would like to watch them, but then stopped. Then, a few years later, I purchased 100 Side Hustles by Chris Guillebeau, and while skimming through it I found several cases of individuals who, like me, had decided to film their tutorial videos for money.  

As I read these examples, I couldn't help but observe in my brain a film of me planning out my videos, my efforts to lift my huge glass board each weekend, whose backing I had painted myself in the cold while wearing a wet tattered cotton t-shirt because I just had to get it done and was too impatient to find my coat, whose dismantle-able stand I also made myself, which efforts I took with great eagerness and desire for the good that I could do. I could see the times that I had stood in front of the camera filming, only to abandon the project after filming video after video, take after take, mounting and takedown over a few weeks. I was, admittedly, deeply disappointed in myself for this act of abandonment. 

Subsequent to reading these cases, I felt a renewed vigor to film my tutorial videos once again and began to do so. Today I have created a collection of videos that I have successfully used to help many students, and I am not certain I would have taken up the filming once more when I did had it not been for my purchase and perusal of this book. 

If you are looking for a book filled with potential ideas for side hustling, or just ideas regarding making money, I definitely recommend this book. Even if most of the ideas in the book are not valuable to you, I am confident that at least one of the ideas will be something similar to something you could do, and hence it can serve as a kind of inspiration tool. 


No comments:

Post a Comment